Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ecuador

Last week I arrived, and caught a bus to this little surf town on the coast, full of strange hippies and lost travelers, good surfing and too much partying. Surfed a few times with this cool Costa Rican guy but the waves sort of sucked. All was well until I went drinking with a bunch of wild kids from Israel, eating good cheap food, running around on the beach, and dancing until the morning light pierced our eyes. It must have lowered my immune system because after that day I became horribly sick. For a week straight it felt like a jack-hammer was continuously going off in my head, my body was quickly changing from freezing cold sweats to hot hellfire sweats, my tonsils are trying to kiss each other coated in white infection, my stomach felt full and bloated even though I hadn’t eaten anything for 5 days, and what I did eat wouldn´t come out the back door like it should of. I didn´t even feel like my self, some other being had taken over me; people tried to talk to me and all I could do was vaguely try to look at them like a dying refugee and cough and hack a nasty noise instead of saying words. Death felt like the best option. Wow, the joys of traveling, fun for all families, good times.

1 comment:

Steph said...

wow walker! You make me want to jump on a plane.. but even though I've heard you describe being horribly ill three times so far, I still am dying to see the beauty you've witnessed.