Sunday, June 8, 2008

La Paz........Still

This place is hard as hell to leave. You can't leave when you want to, and you can't leave when you don't want to....if that makes any sense. I've been here in La Paz for about 3 weeks -- way too long. The 100 room hostel I'm staying in has become a drunken Groundhog's Day movie, I'm sick of the loud ass, drunken Westerners, blabbing endlessly about how drunk they were -- or are. It's all good and fun for a day or too, but this isn't traveling, this has nothing to do with the culture of this country, I might as well be in some dark dusty pub in the middle of London. The roads to the south are blocked because of protesters cutting them off, and I need to get to the animal refuge place which is unfortunately south of here. I'm getting on the next open bus out of this cold ass, drugged up city.


Our Gift

Time, our gift
Wasted on coke and beer
Precious and ticking, we
Tightly grip comfort
Frozen in fear of knowledge,
The wise feast on vibration
The coward starves in the stagnant

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Walkie love, when life gives you lemons, be stoked for the vitamin C. I'm thrilled to hear of your advetures, even the stagnant part. I'm in San Jose, Costa Rica in a euro-infested drunken "my dreads are bigger than yours and my surfboard is smaller and I've been more places therefore I'm cooler than you" type of hostel today, waiting to meet the 11 other geeky scientist kids that I will be spending the summer with. Yeehaw! Then off to the depths of the jungle....love love love...LIZZITO

Anonymous said...

Fun things to do when stuck in city
1. Try on high heels
2. point to the top of nice buildings and yell "Monos!" (monkeys)
3. Find a really nice and crowded restarouant and order only coffee, or juice, sit at the table for hours writing and slowly sipping said beverage, and occupying the table for an inordinate amount of time...then leave a good tip
4. Point to the gutter and yell "serpiente!" (snakes)
5. Find some sticks and start a trash can band
6. Leave your valubles locked at your hostel and then try to get as lost as you can in the city... attempt to navgate back (better to do this in the daytime)
7. Go on a quest to eat 5 foods you have never heard of.
8. Sneak into the pool/jacuzzi at the posh hotel
9. Give a free impromptu yoga/meditaion/freestyle movement class in the parque central
10. Dance, dance, dance...like a fool
11. ESCAPE