Sunday, May 5, 2013

Ode to Banana



We rustle our feathers, in
Confident confusions
Towards a goal
Into the depths of machines,

Away from nature's
Wet dream Garden
In the yard,
Fruiting for us

We step forward
So full of pride
With just a sharp spoon
For defense against it all

How is it that we
Power past the subtle Banana truths?
Bulldoze bliss in the sake
Of progression

Banana stock grows
With greater determination
Full of greens we can't explain
Browning and dying through another wet year

Before our very eyes
At incredible rates,
But we hold fast to
Our confident confusions

Rather be stripped of freedom
Bottle necked and pouting
A raging fist in the tear gas window
Polished shoes and missing our text messages

Maybe they will give up on us
Just all die at once after nobody notices
Their exploding excitement and cosmic lessons
What's the point of such soft fruit miracles?

I don't blame you tattered leaves
I haven't done the proper protests either
I'm sure i'll wither away in the same soil
Spouting again another life, if I'm so lucky
Enough to exchange these intimacies
With you again.



No comments: